Safe Dining Practices
Our Promise to You
We will exceed all state and federal safety requirements and deliver our relaxed and welcoming service. There will be a few changes in how we do things for a while:
- We strongly recommend reservations and will provide the ability to view menus and pay through new touchless systems as an option. Our abilities to accept walk-in guests will be extremely limited in order to maintain table spacing and physical distancing.
- Due to Washington state guidelines, we are operating at reduced capacity. Tables are set at least six feet apart and can seat ten guests or less.
- Bar top seating is not available until state guidelines change.
- We provide hand sanitizer on each table and at other spaces around the restaurants.
- Our always inclusive service of bottled still and sparkling water are provided on tables.
- Our menus are single use only and recycled after each use. Contactless ordering is also available by pulling up a QR code at the host stand to view the menu on your phone.
We have always been, and will continue to be, fanatical about health and safety for our guests and our team.
- Our team members follow stringent personal hygiene practices.
- Team members have their temperature checked before service and after their scheduled shift.
- Masks will be worn by all team members.
- All shared surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes.
The Role of Our Guests
- Come in healthy! Please be symptom free.
- Reservations will greatly assist us to ensure physical distancing. Groups will not be able to congregate during entry or exiting so please follow signs directing you toward entrances and exits.
- Please arrive at your reservation time.
- If you have not made a reservation in advance, please visit our website to make a reservation or add yourself to the waitlist. Our ability to serve walk-in guests will be extremely difficult without bar seating.
- Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help you feel more comfortable.
We look forward to serving you!